A story about dream. Six students with a dream to be great singer goes into Kirin High School, the musical high school in Korea, to study and develop their skills in singing, dancing, and songwriting. Each of them has different strengths and weaknesses, however they all work hardest to get the debut chance. In the drama, the opening theme “Dream High” is a song that written by the six students while they were in a camp. It reveals their desire to pursue their common dream.
Go Hye-mi wanted to become an opera singer and looked down upon pop singer initially, but is forced to study at Kirin High School and become a K-pop singer in order to pay off her father’s debt. Song Sam Dong is country bumpkin when he first came to Seoul, he is a music prodigy with a rare disease that caused the auditory sensory weakening.
Some background information 🙂
- Genre: Drama, Romance, Musical, Teen
- Average viewership ratings: 15.7%
- Written by: Park Hye-ryun
- Directed by: Lee Eung-bok
- Starring: Bae Suzy, Kim Soo-hyun, Ok Taec-yeon, Ham Eun-jung, Jang Woo-young, IU
- No. of episodes: 16
- Production Company: KeyEast, JYP Entertainment, CJ Media